Monday, March 19, 2007

Rug Hooking classes are scheduled

We've called everyone on the waiting list - because we were finally able to schedule the rug hooking classes. Michele had been sick, and Barb was sick, and I had a sick kid last week, and now Kalen's out in CO for a few days... but we finally got together, looked at the schedule and picked two days that will work. So give us a call for times and details if you are interested. These "how to" classes are going to be easy and fun. You'll learn how to rug hook on a pattern for 4 whimsical coasters. Come in and pick 5 or 6 colors of wool, and we'll have it cut for you and ready for the class. Our coasters are almost finished:

Michele finished her "Bunny Spring" - she modified the pattern a bit. Hey, that's allowed! Just like in knitting, don't be afraid to modify things to suit your taste. It is so cute.


Original:

Hers:
I made some progress on my "fishies" this weekend. And I ordered a Townsend cutter today. Can't WAIT for that to come.

I did cast on and knit a few rows (and I really do mean, only 3!) for my Twinkle Handknits Soft Chunky sweater. Unfortunately, I did not have size 19 needles at home, and that's what I needed for the body. But now I do so I can continue on that tonight. What SOFT yarn. It was so much fun to wind. I have a winder and swift, but I've always wound yarn by hand, and so even though it would take me no time at all to set up the winder, I did it by hand. And loved every moment of it. Is it really so awful to touch every bit of the yarn? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi! Forgive me....I've just come across your blog and LOVE your "fishies" rug!!!! Could I ask where you found the pattern?? Thanks!!!