Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Finished!

At 8:46 pm last night I finished hooking my rug! Of course now I have to do the edging, but that should only take me a few nights and then it will be completely done. I love it! I am using 4/8s Wool by Mountain Colors to do the edges.And our patterns arrived today from Vermont Folk Rugs - hand delivered by Davey, thank you very much! She dropped off one of hers (called Cats Spot) for us to display and it is gorgeous. I actually got the patterns and cutters and hooks online today, and will work on the rest of the rug hooking stuff over the next few days. Customers from all over have been asking... when will it be online? So it's coming. Slowly, but be patient! It's worth it - such fun stuff.
And Fiona brought in her Townsend cutting machine for us to try - wow. She described it to me the other day, and said it was like cutting butter. It's true. What an incredible machine. I'll be getting one of those for the shop shortly. She also brought in her latest rug - I can't believe I forgot to get a picture of it. Thanks so much to all of our customers who have been so supportive of us in this new venture. We appreciate your sharing all of your knowledge and advice! It's so fun to talk hooking!

On the knitting front - we got the Rowan Damask, which should be online tomorrow. It's really pretty. Late last week we got new colors of Calmer, Summer Tweed and Handknit Cotton. They are all beautiful. Four new Rowan pattern books arrived - each one is spectacular. Their patterns are just so amazing. I immediately sent off a care package to joy, who does great sample knitting for us. I told her they were all such cute sweaters, and she emailed me when she got the box - she loves all of them. She can't decide which to start.
Our Nashua Handknits patterns FLEW out the door. Apparently we were the only shop to have them for sale online last week. We sold a ton, and have reordered, and reordered again! They are mostly back in stock - and will all be back in stock next week.

No comments: