Wednesday, August 09, 2006

New yarn... and classes coming!

Barb is back from her vacation - she had a lovely and restful week at her camp up near Barton, Vermont. Barton is the home of Cherry Tree Hill Yarn, and while she was at camp she bought a skein of CTH Silken Mohair. She wanted some mindless knitting, so she made a simple shawl with the full skein. It is gorgeous.

Since I'm a sucker for anything new, as soon as I saw the shawl, we ordered the yarn for the shop. It will be available on the website within a week or so, it is last in a long line of my "to-dos."

India stopped in today to firm up some fall class offerings. The final class schedule should be ready next week sometime... I know you're all chomping at the bit, but we are waiting for a few instructors to get back from vacation to finalize things. We have some great classes, so it will be worth the wait.

India is going to be teaching a class on a slip stitch hat, made with two colors of Koigu - one hand painted and one solid. Isn't it spectacular?! She wrote up the pattern, and it just needs one more round of testing, but it will be ready for the class and available for sale both in the shop and online. I plan to make one on MY vacation in a week and a half.

And what's this? An ALMOST finished Koigu & Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Diagonal afghan? Why yes! I seamed it together two nights ago - and I have a few ends left to work in. I decided to grab another two skeins to fringe it. I'm not going crazy with the fringe, I just feel it needs a little weight on the ends. And mind you, this is NOT the couch that I made this afghan to rest on. My color sense is a little better than that. This is our couch at work...In other news, a few of us have started running recently. We have taken advantage of the lovely Vermont summer to start getting in shape by running. Kalen is already a runner, but Michele started running in June and just ran her first 5k last weekend. Yay Michele! I started running on July 4th and am doing my first 5k this Saturday in NH with my sister (I hope I make it!) And Barb started running last week at camp, and will join me and Michele on October 1st for the Leaf Peepers 5k in Waterbury. That race is also a half marathon, but OBVIOUSLY we will only be participating in the 5k part. It's a great way to push ourselves to do something we wouldn't normally do. And yes, I would much RATHER be sitting and knitting, but that's not really getting me into shape now, is it?

No comments: