Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Classes are posted

The fall class list is posted. We will be formally announcing it in our weekly email this weekend, but we are accepting signups now. Scheduling classes is one of the more difficult things we do - we spend hours and hours on it. So when each class list is posted, we breathe a HUGE sigh of relief. Yeah!!! It's done!

So this weekend I ran in my first 5k race. I had never run more than a mile and a half, so I was worried I wouldn't finish. But I did and I only walked through the water stops. My sister Lisa stayed with me the whole way, and encouraged me through the hard times. There were several times I thought I would die, but I hung in there and I'm already excited to do another one! My run last night was easy, now that I know what I can do.

Now I'm trying to get my desk cleared off before I leave for vacation on Friday. We've been getting in more new yarns. Yesterday we received Terra from the Fibre Company. It is GORGEOUS. One of our internet customers was in visiting us and she bought a sweater's worth in the color Cochineal. I can't even begin to pick a favorite color. If I do pick one, and then turn away, when I turn back, I forgot which was my favorite and I have to pick one all over again.

And we got some new colors of Blue Sky Bulky Hand Dyes and Blue Sky Worsted that are just beautiful. We also got a new yarn from them called Brushed Suri. I am working like crazy to get all of these yarns up on the website before I leave.

On the drive down and back I worked a little on the slipstitch hat. It's going well, I really like the colors I picked. It will look nice when it's blocked!

And we're now open for comments on the blog!

4 comments:

sara said...

I avidly reads your newsletter and would love to make a "pilgrimage" up to your shop. Would love it if you would organize a weekend workshop so I could come up to VT and knit my brains out, and enjoy a mini-vacation! How about it? Or a knit-n-spa weekend?

Anonymous said...

way to go on the 5k!!!watch out, I started w/ a 5k 8 yrs ago.. You will be surprised what you can do.
I had gotten a skein of the terra, butternut. It is Wonderful, NEVER ever seen any color like it...Just don't know what to make.. any suggestions???Oh, please get the brushed suri up,oh and have a good vacation.

Kathleen said...

Love your blog--LOVE your store. I am customer although I have done more browsing lately than buying. But I do love your website. Eventually I plan to take a trip up there and would love to visit. PLease stop by and visit me at www.kathleenknits.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You go girls! Now don't get too carried away with all that running,
unless you can figure out how to knit at the same time. I love the
Koigu colors you chose for your "India" hat. India's beautiful and intriguing pattern gives me yet another reason for knitting with and loving Koigu yarns!