Friday, November 11, 2005

lots of holiday and birthday knitting!

So I was thumbing through my huge stack of catalogs last night, in an attempt to clean off my kitchen island. I got a holiday catalog called Gap Favorites and got a chuckle when I saw, just a couple of pages in, a light green cabled hat, that looks very simlar to the cabled beanie I just made in Blue Sky Worsted! Of course, I prefer mine, without the ribbing. But then isn't that what we knitters do best? Find something we like, and improve upon it? Then 2 pages further, another chuckle. A striped and cabled scarf that is eerily similar to one we are having made up for the shop. Ours is not ready for photos yet, but again, will be better!

Michele is working on her holiday gifts. She brought in the CUTEST little Pink Lady Bag today, made with Lamb's Pride Bulky. She needle felted some flowers with the Lamb's Pride Bulky on the front of the bag, and then covered her snap closure with a crocheted button. It is just adorable!

Barb's mom has a birthday coming up, so Barb made her a couple of ribbed hats out of Malabrigo. One is a watchman cap and the other a 3x1 rib. And Kalen's mom was moved to tears last night when she opened one of her gifts from Kalen: a beautiful Hand Paint Hat made with Lamb's Pride Bulky and Colinette Point 5. This hat is a winner - it really flatters every head shape. We have customers who make it for their kids by just using a smaller needle. The pattern is in the Knit Hats book.

I have started some wristlets in Malabrigo, color Scarlet. They are a gift for... me. When everyone else here is warm, I am freezing. We all joke about it, but I really do get chilled. This is an old building, almost 100 years, and it gets drafty. When I wear something on my hands, it seems to help. I have some gauntlets in Koigu (the Purl Stitch) which I love... but I've misplaced them. I have a pair of wristlets in Manos Multi... but those live in the shop as samples. So I look forward to this new pair and hope to be able to hang on to them.

No comments: