Monday, November 21, 2005

Crocheted flowers

I can crochet. A little. I can do edgings and basic stitches. Anything more than that can cause problems for me. Crocheted flowers have always intrigued me, but the directions have never made sense to me. A couple of weeks ago I changed all that. I really wanted to make some felted flowers for my sister's upcoming craft show, and I liked the crocheted ones better than the knitted ones. I grabbed some Cascade 220 and Malabrigo and the Family Circle Easy Crochet magazine, and set to work. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I had previously thought. The first few flowers were a little rough, but now I've made about 20 and I actually GET it! What an amazing feeling it is to master a new technique.

Speaking of new techniques, everyone here is starting to needle felt, since Michele brought in her first bag. Her latest is even more fun! Lamb's Pride Bulky in Deep Charcoal is just gorgeous when felted, and the needle felting she did... well, see for yourself. (And see the bag she hooked? She is so talented!)

We have been so busy at the shop. Yesterday during a quick lull, we thought it might be a good time to put out all the new Cascade 220 colors that had just arrived. Just as we spread them out all over the floor we got slammed with customers. So I apologize to anyone who had to step over the piles of yarn. By the end of the day it was put away and rearranged by color, and we all agree it looks amazing. The new colors will be available on the website next week.

No comments: