Saturday, September 28, 2013

On the Needles: Kaitlin

Many of you who've been in to the shop recently have had the pleasure of meeting Kaitlin, who is one of our 2 new employees. Kaitlin recently moved to Vermont from Utah, and we're thrilled to have her on our team. 

She brought in two of her projects the other day to show us. One is the Vernal Equinox Shawl - available for free on Ravelry. It's beautiful! She's using a wool and merino blend that she hand dyed at a "dye night" at the yarn shop she worked at in Logan, Utah. Her first attempt at dying sure looks like a major success to me... I love the color!
She also just started Stephen West's Color Craving Mystery Knit Along on Ravelry. She picked 3 colors of Fibre Company Canopy Fingering. Here is her progress on the first clue:
She's using Crocus & Blue Crown, and Parakeet will be added soon!
Wow, that's looking pretty cool, and crazy at the same time! I'm such a visual person - I need to see a picture or schematic... SOMETHING to show me what I am making. Kudos to her (and any of you doing this MKAL) for being able to do this without seeing it first. I can't even begin to imagine what the finished product will be. Stay tuned!

No comments: