Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Malabrigo in Maine

So this weekend we went to Maine for a quick trip to our camp. We go there for a longer stay each August. I took 4 skeins of Aquarella to make a little bolero, and some Malabrigo Chunky in Mariposa to start a vest.

The drive is not an easy one, so not much knitting gets done on the trip. Route 2 is curvy, hilly, and bumpy for the most part, and knitting in the car on route 2 has been most problematic in the past. And then the weather was amazing, and knitting and swimming do not go hand in hand, either. But I was able to squeek out the bolero:
And I did make some progress on the Malabrigo Chunky vest:
This is what we mostly did!
My rug hooking project (the checkboard) has come to a halt with all the new yarns we've been getting in. (Two more came today, Colinette Iona and J.Knits Felter's Dream.) So instead of a birthday gift for Helen and Sophie, it's looking more like a Christmas present. That's okay! I really like it, and I will take it to Maine in August and make some progress at that point.

No comments: