Thursday, September 21, 2006

Just in... new samples

The temperatures are nice and cool and we've seen a lot of people in this week looking for new projects. Barb finished her Diamanta Shawl out of Frog Tree and several people have picked that up for themselves. It is really beautiful - what an amazing pattern. Looks harder that it really is. Joy sent us a Malabrigo sweater - a cute shaped top down cardigan from Knitting Pure & Simple. It's adorable - that yarn really knits up nicely. We have a really cute patchwork scarf knit out of Frog Tree Alpaca - we just love Frog Tree. So much that we just brought in 6 new colors.
I was almost finished a cute short sleeved sweater out of Blue Sky Melange but oops. Checked my gauge at the beginning but not once I started knitting it. No WONDER it was like two sizes too big. It was so easy (a top down with nice ribbing at the bottom) but I just can't bear to re-knit it, so I am going to have someone else do it.

I actually finished my Koigu afghan the other night - I fringed it and it looks amazing. Picture to follow. Imagine my horror when I came downstairs this morning to find it in a heap on the floor in front of the couch. Helen or Sophie have to get a little better at caring for things, especially when I have made them! Another note on Koigu - all colors should be here by the end of next week. We cleared out a LOT of the old colors during our sale last week.

We can tell our newsletters have hit as the phone has been ringing off the hook with class signups, and people have been flocking in to see the new things.

No comments: