Sunday, February 12, 2006

Capelets, Capelets, Capelets

Cape.let (Káp'lit), N. A short cape covering just the shoulders.

I've been driving my family crazy with my latest project, "Capelets." They just laugh when they hear the word. I must admit, it is a strange sounding word.

I just finished knitting two different capelets. One is out of Cherry Tree Hill's Jumbo Loop in Java. The other is out of their Mohair Thick & Thin in Birches. Ever since the shop got these yarns, I've been dying to make something with them. I made up two similar capelet patterns. They knit up really quickly on size 19 needles and they each take only one skein of yarn. The best part is, I wear them all the time. They give me just the extra warmth I need without being too hot.

I have to say, mohair is my favorite yarn. And any mohair available in such beautiful colors is hard to resist. So hard, that I just might have to make another one of these capelets for my sister's birthday. (Lori, I hope you don't read this!)

No comments: