Sunday, February 24, 2013

SPOTTED

...in a shop window in Munich, Germany.
A beautiful child's Bavarian jacket! This garter stitch classic is one I'm very familiar with... having made two of them about 20 years ago, one for myself and one my husband. I can't remember the pattern I used -perhaps it was this one by Elizabeth Zimmermann (although I know I modified it to make the sleeves a bit more roomy.)

I know we don't have the sweaters any longer - I think we wore them to death! But it was certainly a great "oh remember those awesome sweaters?" memory when we saw these yesterday out on a bustling sidewalk, alongside the dirndl dresses for little girls.
Want to make one for your child? Here's another EZ pattern worth checking out!

What cool things have YOU spotted recently?

No comments: