Friday, February 09, 2007

Three great new yarns and lots of WOOL

We've finally managed to get the Shearer's Yarn out in the shop, and it's now online too. This yarn is perfect for fisherman knits.

Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed came in a couple of days ago, and it should be out in the shop by early next week. It is online now. It's gorgeous and SO soft. We got a couple of Jo Sharp pattern books too, and they are fantastic.

Also new is Ecologie Cotton by Nashua Handknits. This is a worsted weight pima cotton dyed with 5 natural dyes. The colors are soft and perfect for summer for both adults and babies. I definitely see baby gifts with this yarn... We've got the front of the store changed up a bit - and we are building up a pretty good selection of wools for rug hooking. We've been spending some time dying recently to build up our color selection.
We have solids, some tweeds/prints, and overdyeds of both. Patterns will be arriving in the next couple of weeks, and pretty soon we'll have a class so all you who have expressed interest can learn. And within a month we hope to have it all online.
I've made good progress on my first piece.
And have started a second one for the shop, a cute sheep that is available as a kit, with the wool already cut into strips.
I am still working on a ribbed scarf with Mountain Colors and Lana Grossa Baby Kid. I'm close to the end, and then it just needs to be fringed.
I also have a "car project" which is a one skein (I think?) easy scarf. I've been skiing on the weekends and I need an easy knit for the 45 minute drive each way, that won't take up much room in the front seat. This fits the bill.
Speaking of skiing, last weekend at Stowe it was UVM Winter Carnival. What I noticed most about the college kids was their great handknit hats! They weren't skiing in them - thanks to helmets - but they certainly were wearing them around the bottom and in the base lodge. It was nice to see so many cool knits!

No comments: