Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Felted Laptop Case

Every laptop deserves a cool carrying case, doesn't it?

I've loved the laptop case featured in Alterknits ever since we had it at the shop on a trunk show last month. Doesn't every laptop need a nice looking and functional case? This one is perfect - it can be made in three sizes. I'm making the medium. We have the small one on our website as a kit and it's been so popular! It is mindless knitting and I love the colors I'm working with: Lamb's Pride Worsted in Aubergine, Roasted Coffee, Raspberry and Bronze Patina. And with all the felting I've done in the past, I've never kept anything for myself, so this will be a first. (Note the great green gardening gloves in the back of the picture. My daylily transplanting that was scheduled for today was postponed. I was not in the mood for gardening in the rain.)

I do need to finish the Blue Sky Worsted vest. It is so adorable, and having seen a lot of the fall patterns, vests are going to be a big thing! The yarn is lovely to work with. The pattern calls for the back to be stockinette stitch and the front is obviously reverse stockinette with a gorgeous - yet simple - cable. We all agree that the whole thing should be reverse stockinette. Remember, just because a pattern tells you do something one way, doesn't mean you can't do it another way.



No comments: