Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Recovering from the Tent Sale

I think we are almost fully recovered from our tent sale last Saturday. We had perfect weather and a huge crowd.

I have to thank everyone who helped this year - our entire staff, the customers who helped for the day, my sister and niece from NH, and those who volunteered. Everyone did a spectacular job and I really appreciate it. We are already looking forward to next year.

Barb and I arrived at 6:15am to find our overnight security guard chatting with our earliest customer! By 8am, she was surrounded by many other enthusiastic knitters and the line stretched far out into the back lot.

Our staff and helpers made sure everything was organized in the tent, and when the doors opened at 9am, we were greeted by cheering and clapping... and the madness began!

Now that things are somewhat back to normal in our work lives, we can do a little more focusing on our own knitting projects. I am taking a small break from shop samples to finish the sweaters I started (last spring!) for my 6 year old twin daughters. I didn't have much incentive to do them over the summer, but they are going to need them in a few weeks, so I must get moving on them. I am making them simple top down raglan cardigans out of Velvet Touch. They are so soft! The second sweater is well underway, and I plan to do my crochet edges on both at the same time - after all, I'm told it's not "fair" when one daughter gets a sweater first...

Yesterday Barb brought in her cabled hat in the Wild Violet Lamb's Pride Worsted. It's the Braid & Bobble hat pattern from Fiber Trends for her class on Sat. 10/15. It's really a beautiful hat and will be just perfect for the cold winter ahead.


India recently finished her Koigu sweater and it is stunning! It's "Martha" from Rowan Magazine #37. It's a great looking sweater and we've already had a few of our local customers start this project. Now she's working on a Koigu shawl...

And Mari arrived early Saturday morning wearing her new Best Friend Jacket from The Knit Stitch, made out of Berroco Foliage. It looks great!

Hmm... Does anyone notice a color scheme here? :)






No comments: