Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Terrific touks for teenies!

Our kids charity knitting group should be starting soon, and I've been knitting a few hats as examples for the kids. Once we teach them how to work on double pointed needles, we're hoping that they use their creativity to make fun, colorful, one-of-a-kind hats! We have such great colors of yarn (thanks to Plymouth and Berroco!) that the possibilities are really endless: In addition to stripes, we could do mini fruit caps! (I think I'll make one of those tonight!)

I've been experimenting with different sizes (from 33 to 46 stitches) and Sophie discovered that they fit her dolls pretty well. I almost had to use brute force to get these hats away from her!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

So cute. Can't wait to see all of the hats they make. What a great idea!