Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Entertaining the Big Kids

We recently recieved a shipment from Spud & Chloe. Included in the box, was a color picture of their new Watermelon Hat, which is a free pattern on their blog. It was so bright and cheerful that I just had to grab some Spud & Chloe Sweater yarn and knit one up for the shop.
I knit it up in an afternoon and just happened to show it to a friend of mine. My friend's NOT a gusher. But she gushed. And she gushed.

It gets worse better. The gushing was followed by "Will you make me a watermelon hat that I can wear?" I didn't think she was serious. But she really did want an adult version of the watermelon hat!

I love knitting with the Spud & Chloe Sweater yarn, so I agreed to make her one. I didn't think she'd actually wear it. But check this out:
Lot of my friends have now seen (and loved) the hat and there've been more requests from the "Big Kids". Guess I better go get started on the pumpkin and the eggplant...

No comments: