Wednesday, August 06, 2008

No Sun, Lots of Rain, but a Cheerful Little Sweater

So this is day five of our vacation and this is the weather.
But I am so thankful that a great friend from college, who lives in Miami, is here visiting with her daughter for a few days. We've had a great time, despite the weather. We've done some blueberry picking, visited with some local farm animals, eaten some wonderful meals and had fun.
I've made some good progress on the sweater for my cousin's baby girl. I am making this cute little ruffled pullover sweater from the Nashua Handknits Bloom book. It's supposed to be one color, but I couldn't imagine wasting those adorable ruffles on just one color of yarn. So I'm using three colors for the ruffles, and one for the body of the sweater. It's really adorable. This sweater reminds me of sorbet... it certainly brightens things up around here!
As I've said before, the yarn is one of my favorites. Cascade Cotton Rich DK is definitely a great choice for kids. It's so soft, and washable - and the colors are all great. The only problem is that it's hard to pick a color - or in this case, colors. Thankfully Kalen helped - and I'm loving the result!

No comments: