Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quick new hat with earflaps

Everybody has been asking for earflap hats this year... and we have several in pattern books, but of course, everybody wants a free pattern. Well, I came up with one two nights ago. After seeing all the kids snowboarding at Stowe for the past weekends, with chunky earflap hats with tassels, and pom poms, here's my take. A quick, easy and very cool hat made with two strands of Lamb's Pride Bulky in different colors. Leave the poms off if you don't want them. Pattern is free, with yarn purchase. Kit will be online as soon as I take pictures of color combinations.
I finished my sheep tile last week and yesterday Michele taught me how to finish it by wrapping Lamb's Pride Bulky (leftover from the above hat!) around a cord all the way along the edge.




It looks great. I am almost finished a doorstop - this piece will be cut out and sewn around a brick.

This is one that my mom did years ago - we sell this kit in the shop as well.








No comments: